Since the initiation of international activities after the conclusion of a mutual exchange agreement with FSCT (Federation of Savings and Credit Cooperatives of in Thailand Limited) in September 1993, KFCC, on behalf of the CCs, joined as a member of ICA (International Co-operative Alliance) in April 1994 to gradually expand the exchange with foreign cooperative alliances and financial institutes.
Since an amendment to the Community Credit Cooperatives Act on July 20, 2015, regional development and cooperation projects with international organizations and overseas countries were clearly specified as required CC projects, KFCC has promoted international development cooperation projects in full scale.
- Joined as a member of EACB (European Association of Cooperative Banks).
- Presented the financial inclusion cases of Saemaul Geumgo’s international development cooperation project in UN Public Service Forum.
- Conducted local training workshop to reinforce the competency of operating the Saemaul Geumgos of Uganda.
- Conducted local training workshop to spread the Saemaul Geumgo of Myanmar.
- Conducted invitational training workshop for Saemaul Geumgos to boost the enhancement of Uganda financial inclusion.
- Conducted invitational training workshop for present and former public officials of Myanmar.
- Conducted a survey on the validity of Saemaul Geumgo ODA project in Myanmar jointly with the Ministry of the Interior and Safety.
- Published research report on Saemaul Geumgo ODA promotion strategy.
- Sponsored the hosting of CC Globalization Strategy National Congress Forum through ODA Participation.
- Concluded a MOU of mutual exchange with SCB (Standard Chartered Bank of Japan).
- Concluded MOU of mutual exchange with FSCT (Federation of Savings and Credit Cooperatives of Thailand Limited).
- Signed Working Minutes with the VCA (Vietnam Cooperative Alliance) to promote regular mutual cooperation programs.
- Conducted Saemaul Geumgo Benchmarking Workshop for working level staffs in ANGKASA of Malaysia.
- Concluded a MOU for the expansion of Saemaul Geumgo with the governments of Myanmar and Uganda.
- Conducted invitational training workshop for the reduction of poverty and financial independence through the Saemaul Geumgo of Laos.
The first Saemaul Geumgo created in Uganda(Registered corporation).
- Conducted KFCC&ICA-AP Capacity Building Workshop targeting working level staffs of Committee on Credit & Banking.
- The first Saemaul Geumgo created in Myanmar.
- Concluded a MOU for Saemaul Geumgo ODA Project of KFCC with KOICA (Korean International Cooperation Agency).
- Established an action plan to promote Saemaul Geumgo projects of international development & cooperation.
- Conducted a consultation to promote Saemaul Geumgo ODA Project.
- Held an international symposium of CC Role and task of CC to create a network for working class banking.
- Joined as a member of ICA (International Co-operative Alliance).